Provide livestock with essential macrominerals to sustain healthy and productive growth
Macrominerals such as phosphorus, calcium or magnesium are essential elements for sustaining healthy and productive animal growth. Yara Bolifor® feed minerals support bone and muscle formation in monogastric animals (pigs, poultry, horses and aquatic species) as well as ruminants (dairy and beef cattle, sheep and goats).
Why choose Yara Bolifor feed minerals?
By choosing high purity products that are naturally low in undesirable substances, with Yara Bolifor feed minerals you ensure:
- Quality and purity from source: Yara phosphates are of consistently high quality because they come from a Yara-owned clean volcanic deposit in Siilinjärvi, Finland.
- Consistency: Because the single phosphorus source is high quality and the production controlled wholly by Yara, the consistency of the feed phosphate is also guaranteed.
- Supply reliability: Production runs 24/7 to ensure a steady and supply.
- Digestibility and feed efficiency: When animals absorb a higher proportion of nutrients, animal producers get maximum return on feed investment. Our inorganic feed phosphates have demonstrated outstanding digestibility in different trials with different species. This results in a lower unit cost. Learn more about the importance of phosphorus digestibility and the different ways to measure it here.
- Environmental benefit: Higher digestibility means less phosphorus is released into the environment. This can help farmers meet UK environmental regulations while providing optimum nutrition for their livestock.
- Better taste: Yara knows that a more palatable product means high consumption and less nutrient waste by the animals.
How do you evaluate a feed phosphate?
Any feed phosphate must be evaluated by the phosphorus fraction which is utilized by the animal. This is calculated as the total P content times its “availability”. However, the high number of techniques and concepts associated with phosphorus can generate confusion:
- In vitro test deliver phosphorus solubility results. The amount of phosphorus solubilized in acid or water is not well related to the amount of phosphorus ready to be used by the animal.
- Qualitative measurements, such as relative bioavailability, compare different feed phosphates to a standard under certain conditions. Different results are obtained depending on the standard and the testing condition
- Quantitative measurements, such as phosphorus digestibility, inform about the real amount of phosphorus absorbed by the animal. Thus, digestibility is consistent and realistic, appropriate for feed formulation.
Make sure you ask for phosphorus digestibility values,
Peace of mind comes from accreditation
Yara Animal Nutrition is an active member of the European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC), Sector Group for Inorganic Feed Phosphates. CEFIC represents European feed producers, supporting a system guaranteeing the chemical and physical composition and the pureness of the feed products;